Our participation in the NANOSAFE 2012 Conference
After the success of Nanosafe 2008 and Nanosafe 2010, the 3rd. edition Nanosafe 2012 was held from November 13 to 15, 2012, in Minatec, Grenoble, France. This conference is organized as part of the NANOSAFE project, an EU-FP7 project focused on the potential impact of nanomaterials on human health and the environment.
Our group participated with four talks and their corresponding conference proceedings; we also co-authored a fifth article presented by our collaborators at LEITAT:
- Talk Exploring release and recovery of nanoparticles from polymer nanocomposites using commercial polyamide-based nanocomposites by Martí Busquets, on November 13, at 18:00. Publication: Busquets-Fité, M., Fernandez, E., Janer, G., Vilar, G., Vázquez-Campos, S., Zanasca, R., et al. (2013). Exploring release and recovery of nanomaterials from commercial polymeric nanocomposites. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 429, 012048.
- Talk Characterizing nanoparticles reactivity: structure-Photocatalytic activity by Jordi Piella, on November 15, at 13:45. Publication: Piella, J., Bastús, N. G., Casals, E., & Puntes, V. (2013). Characterizing Nanoparticles Reactivity: Structure-Photocatalytic Activity Relationship. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 429, 012040.
- Talk Colloidaly stable, polymer encapsulated quantum dots for biological applications by Isaac Ojea-Jiménez, on November 13, at 17:45. Publication: Ojea-Jiménez, I., Piella, J., Nguyen, T. – L., Bestetti, A., Ryan, A. D., & Puntes, V. (2013). Stability of polymer encapsulated quantum dots in cell culture media. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 429, 012009.
- Talk The social context of nanotechnology and Regulating its uncertainty: a nanotechnologist approach by Vincent Jamier, on November 15, at 11:30. Publication: Jamier, V., Gispert, I., & Puntes, V. (2013). The social context of nanotechnology and regulating its uncertainty: A nanotechnologist approach. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 429, 012059.
- Talk Monitoring migration and transformation of nanomaterials in polymeric composites during climatic aging by Gemma Vilar, on November 15, at 11:30. Publication: Vilar, G., Fernández-Rosas, E., Puntes, V., Jamier, V., Aubouy, L., & Vázquez-Campos, S. (2013). Monitoring migration and transformation of nanomaterials in polymeric composites during accelerated aging. J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 429, 012044.
Conference website and program: http://www.nanosafe.org/scripts/home/publigen/content/templates/show.asp?P=124&L=EN&SYNC=Y